The Church needs nothing less than a radical leader who can:
- Focus on the core tenets of our faith: God's amazing love for us and our response to this.
- Fight the scourge of child abuse by cutting through Vatican bureaucracy and red-tape.
- Be strong enough to remove those in the church who have abused their positions.
- Implement the teachings of the Second Vatican Council in their entirety.
- Move beyond endless ecumenical committees but take concrete steps for Christian unity.
- Reach out to Eastern Orthodox Christians who share our faith but are separated from us.
- Breakdown centuries of misunderstanding between Lutherans and Catholics on faith.
- Welcome those who accept Catholic teaching but are attached to their own faith traditions.
- Understand the Holy Spirit has always been with the Church and not just since the 1960s
- Restore in our liturgies the sense of the sacred and the beautiful.
- Lead by example by promoting worship that is God-centred not priest-centred.
- Increase our knowledge of scripture by ensuring accurate translations of the Mass.
- Ignore hate-filled criticisms and set an example by visiting the poor and the sick.
- Undermine those who attack the faith by talking of the 'pre' or 'post-conciliar' Church.
The Church needs Pope Benedict XVI: Ad mutos anos!
Pope Benedict XVI: Change you really-can believe in
Pope of Christian Unity and of Vatican II