Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Puer natus est

A child is born! I am delighted that our son, Joseph was born on Sunday. 

Since my wife and I found out we have a child almost nine months ago we were filled with joy - but also worries, concerns and had lots of practical issues to think and pray about. 

We chose the name Joseph for our son as we thought that no one could be a greater example of a virtuous, virile man than Saint Joseph, husband of Mary and incidentally, patron saint of China. 

Virtuous and virile - two words that come from the word "vir" meaning man. I pray that he will be blessed and strengthened in every way and that he will become the child and man that God wants him to be. 

Please pray for my wife's health and for Joseph to grow strong and for me to get my priorities right - Christ, then my wife, then my son - with self last. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of a handsome son. Prayers offered for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are proud and privileged to be his grandparents! God bless all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Richard!

    We're honored that you're his Granny, MaterMari!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I prayed for you all :) Congratulations and well done on picking a wonderful name!

    ReplyDelete