Saturday, November 02, 2013

Requiem in pace

I intended to go to the Mass of All souls today but it didn't quite happen but did go to a Vigil Mass for Sunday and decided to receive Holy Communion and go to Confession to gain a plenary indulgence. 

Whilst I was wondering whom to gain it for it occurred to me - I had four grandparents, all of whom have passed away. I have decided to receive communion on behalf of and also gain a plenary indulgence for each of them this week - I didn't even know one of them and am not sure if they were all Christian but in any case thought it seemed like the right thing to do. 

I then thought that as God is outside time I could pray that all of my grandparents accepted Christ before they died - these things are very much beyond my understanding but then again I'm not God and they're in His hands. 


Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and may perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment