Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Walking in darkness

The other day I decided to go for a run but after about 20 minutes realised that I'm not as fit as I'd like to be and so it turned into more of a walk - run - walk. 

Exploring the town in which I live led me to travel down unfamiliar paths and I soon found my way on unfamiliar ground. I since realised that if we are to explore new areas we probably shouldn't do so when it's dark, raining and one's mobile battery is about to die. 


My wife and I had an interesting discussion when I returned home, several hours later, cold, wet and suitably contrite. 

What did I learn in this mini adventure? Sometimes in life different paths seem interesting but if we don't walk in the light of Christ we are headed for darkness and despair. I also learned about the kindness of strangers and the importance of better communication. 

In life's daily journey let us remember the words of Christ:

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not live in darkness but have the light of life." John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment