Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Happy Saint Joseph's!

I have always been a fan of celebrating saints days and would always find it amusing when my Irish friends would tell me I'm an honorary Irishman on Saint Patrick's Day. I would often reply, whilst imbibing Guinness that like Saint Patrick I'm British and Catholic. 

Today we celebrate Saint Joseph's day - a powerful intercessor for all men but especially fathers, husbands, those struggling to be pure, those seeking work and those looking for a new home. 

It is also my son's feast day - we shall find a way of celebrating his baptism and saints day as he grows older but please spare a prayer for him - on the eve of his 5th month that he may, like Saint Joseph love Our Lord and Our Lady and grow into a man of strength, gentleness, kindness and manly virtue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment